- Non-stick vegetable pan spray
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray Doughnut Pan with vegetable cooking spray.
In large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs and butter. Beat until just combined. Fill each pan cavity approximately 2/3 full.
Bake 7-9 minutes or until the tops of the doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing. Finish doughnuts with chocolate or vanilla glaze, or cinnamon sugar. Doughnuts are best served fresh.