- White Cake Sparkles
- White Sparkling Sugar
- Non-Stick Spray
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon no-color almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 190° C. Spray pan with non-stick spray.
2. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in vanilla and almond extracts. Combine flour and baking powder. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, starting with the flour. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool 15 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely. Before serving, sprinkle cakes with cake sparkles, sparkling sugars or confectioners’ sugar.
Time saver Tip: Substitute yellow or butter cake mix for home made; bake as directed above.